In partnership with the West Palm Beach Veterans Administration Medical Center, the Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach/Treasure Coast, Inc. helps serve Veterans through the Veterans Independence Program (VIP).
This program is a Veteran-Directed approach to home and community services. VIP is designed to assist Veterans in directing their own services and supports.
VIP allows qualifying Veterans the opportunity to recruit and hire their caregivers. Ultimately, this program allows Veterans to live more independently in their communities, avoiding costly nursing home placement.
In the VIP, Veteran-Directed means you decide:
- What services, supports, and goods you need
- When the services and supports are provided
- Who provides those services and supports
- Where the services and supports are provided
- How the services and supports are provided
Veteran-Directed means you have more:
With Veteran-Directed, you:
- Are in control of your life and how you live it
- Can get support with what you need in the way you need it
- Make choices about your services and supports
- Hire the people to provide your services and supports
Veteran-Directed also means:
- Money gets approved for you to use to hire workers and buy supports and goods, according to a budget and a plan you create
- You are responsible for following the program rules
- The Veterans Independence Program provides our Veterans with the control and flexibility needed to live independently, enhancing their quality of life.
The Area Agency on Aging is proud to serve those who have served our country!
For more information, please contact us at 561-684-5885.