The AmeriCorps Foster Grandparent Program of the Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach/Treasure Coast places limited-income senior volunteers in public school classrooms to mentor and tutor young students under the guidance of the classroom teacher.
The Agency and the Foster Grandparent Program are committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion to create a workplace that welcomes and thrives on the unique experiences, perspectives and contributions of all team members.
The Administrative Assistant is someone who is comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excels at both verbal and written communication. This role compiles, updates and maintains spreadsheets, databases and paper files and works closely with fiscal to calculate and verify timesheets. This is a full-time position based in West Palm Beach, FL with a pay range of $13 - $16/per hour, a great work environment and an excellent benefit package.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is a dependable true professional who works well independently and as part of a team
- Has a customer service mindset and a can-do attitude
- Has effective communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to incorporate appropriate phone etiquette
- Enjoys being a part of an AmeriCorps program that enriches the lives of senior volunteers and impacts the lives of young students
If this sounds like you, we invite you to keep reading and apply!
- Reviews updates and maintains files, collects missing documents, signatures and all requirements to complete and maintain necessary electronic and paper files for each volunteer
- Works closely with fiscal to calculate and verify timesheets
- Copies data and compiles records and reports
- Inputs and retrieves data from various computer systems
- Assists with the preparation and implementation of educational in-services for volunteers
- High School Diploma or GED
- Related administrative work experience preferred
- Tech savvy; ability to navigate multiple systems including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High level of understanding of Excel and Outlook
- High degree of proficiency in time management and prioritization
- Must possess diligence and an attention to detail
Salary/Training. Location and Hours of Operation:
- Rate of Pay: $13 - $16.00 per hour
- The Agency is open from 8:00 AM-5 PM Monday-Friday
Benefit Package for all positions includes:
Health Insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, Long Term Disability Insurance; Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, EAP and Retirement Plan.
To apply for the above position:
Send your resume and cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, send to email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 561-214-8678. Agency web address is https://www.aaapbtc.org/contact-us
Please no phone calls.