Area Agency on Aging PB/TC presented Powerful Tools for Caregivers at the 2017 Fearless Caregivers Conference. Watch the video here
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Powerful Tools for Caregivers is evidence-based on the highly successful Chronic Disease Self-Management Program developed by Dr. Kate Lorig and her colleagues at Stanford University.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers is a national program sustained by extensive collaborations with community-based organizations.
An Evidence-Based Program that will provide caregivers with the tools and strategies to better handle the unique caregiving challenges.
This six-week curriculum will help improve:
- Self-Care Behaviors (increased exercise, relaxation, and medical check-ups)
- Management of Emotions (reduced guilt, anger, and sadness)
- Self-Efficacy (increased confidence in coping with caregiving demands)
- Use of Community Resources (increased utilization of local services)
The Powerful Tools for Caregivers is a program you can count on to make a positive difference in your life!
For a program overview, please see our Powerful Tools for Caregivers Brochure
Information for Caregivers
- AARP Backs Bipartisan Credit for Caring Act
- AARP Caregiving Resource Center
- Alzheimer's Care Resource Center
- Monday Mojo for Caregivers
- Caregiver 101
- Care Plans Help Both Older Adults and Caregivers
- Challenges of FTD vs Alzheimer's
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Getting Your Affairs in Order: Advanced Care Planning
- Is "Broken Heart Syndrome" Real?
- Tips for Caregivers
- Video Caregiving a visual education center for family caregivers
Family Caregiver Alliance - Video Series
- Caregiver College: Introduction to Video Series
- Ch. 1: Transfer Skills (Caregiver College Video Series)
- Ch. 2: Nutrition (Caregiver College Video Series)
- Ch. 3: Dental Care (Caregiver College Video Series)
- Ch. 4: Bathing & Dressing (Caregiver College Video Series)
- Ch. 5: Toileting & Incontinence (Caregiver College Video Series)
- Ch. 6: Behavioral Issues (Caregiver College Video Series)
- Ch. 7: Self-Care (Caregiver College Video Series)
Designation of Health Care Surrogate (Form)
Health Care Advance Directives - Wallet Card
Florida General Durable Power of Attorney (Form)
Your Conversation Starter Kit - When it comes to end-of-life care, talking matters
For more information please contact Maureen McCarthy by phone 561-684-5885 or email MMcCarthy@yourADRC.org