The Controller will be a ‘hands-on’ professional with day-to-day responsibility for fiscal and administrative functions. The Controller assists the Chief Financial Officer with preparing financial statements, maintaining financial reporting, grant budgets, grant reconciliation, grant compliance and fiscal analysis. This position is also responsible for the operations and compliance of grant award administration and related accounting duties.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare budgets, reports, and financial statements
- Analyzes actual to budget variances and explains variances
- Develop and implement policies and procedures
- Maintain GL and chart of accounts
- Perform grant-related award functions
- Prepare and submit funding invoices
- Monitors and reviews provider invoices
- Implement, maintain, monitor and improve internal control systems
- Reviews and analyzes provider reimbursement reports and reconciles to activity records in eCIRTS
- Reviews and assists with payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Assist in the preparation of fiscal records in preparation audits
- Lends support to other departments regarding special projects and events
- Performs other duties as assigned
The successful candidates must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following knowledge/skills/abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting and fiscal management
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Ability to develop and analyze detailed budgets and resolve complex budgeting issues
- Ability to effectively communicate and express ideas (verbally and written)
- Ability to make sound recommendations based on facts and logical assumptions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; provide outstanding customer service and display effective time/project management experience
- Expert level of proficiency in spreadsheet applications such as Excel
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or non-profit management
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) years related experience
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
Rate of pay:
Benefit Package includes:
Agency provided employee health insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, EAP, 401k retirement plan.
To apply for the above position:
Send your resume to Area Agency on Aging, 4400 N. Congress Ave. WPB FL 33407 attention jobs or fax to 561-214-8678.