This position performs a variety of tasks which include auditing and processing accounting documents; entering, updating and retrieving data in the automated financial systems; preparing accounting documents; maintaining accounting and fiscal records; reconciling accounting transactions; maintaining and balancing accounting ledgers; reviewing and analyzing financial transactions; and monitoring fiscal aspect of grants.
- Records, classifies and summarizes transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepares consolidated monthly invoice for state and federal grants
- Enters receivable and payable data in accounting software
- Performs random testing of provider invoices
- Track grant awards and monitor due dates for invoicing and reporting
- Reconcile reports and invoices
- Support financial audits, and ensure documentation is maintained grant monitoring
- Monitors funding reimbursements and expenditures for budgetary compliance
- Completes checklists to monitor compliance of grant recipients.
- Completes assigned duties as stated in the Agency’s Comprehensive Emergency Management and Continuity of Operations Plan.
- Lends support to other departments with special projects and events
Other Competencies Related to Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and Other Personal Characteristics
- Takes personal responsibility and demonstrates accountability for actions
- Considerate and respectful of the diversity of others
- Committed to personal/professional growth and development
- Associate's degree (AA/AS) from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or related field and two (2) years' experience in accounting, billing, bookkeeping, finance, fiscal or related field; or any equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in accounting, business or related field.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach/Treasure Coast retains the right to change this job description any time. The Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach/Treasure is an Equal Opportunity Employer.