The Agency is currently in need of a full time non-exempt Healthy Living Coordinator. This position requires travel throughout the Agency’s five county service area (Palm Beach/Martin/St. Lucie/Indian River and Okeechobee counties). This position is responsible for recruitment, mentoring and placement of evidence-based workshop facilitators in the community and assisting in the administration of the Healthy Living Evidence Based Program. Responsibilities include data collection, monitoring program outcomes; scheduling workshops and facilitating workshops as needed.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning and administering healthy living programs and projects to ensure the timely accomplishment of goals and objectives including development of contact sites; purchasing program materials; appropriate use of resources; and coordination of program activities including recognition.
- Handling data entry and paperwork associated with workshops. May follow up with workshop participants and complete evaluations regarding post workshop outcomes.
- Responsible for data base input and generating reports for assigned programs/projects
- Maintain Memorandums of Understanding with community partners
- Responsible for the recruitment and management of facilitators including maintenance of appropriate records
- Trains and oversees the activities of volunteer staff and facilitators by providing mentoring and coaching as required
- Maintains an effective working relationship with site personnel to ensure the most effective outcomes for participants attending workshops.
- Preparing newsletter or other appropriate communications for facilities and facilitators.
- Combination of education/qualifications including at least three years of experience in similar position performing program and volunteer management responsibilities
- Preference is also given to those with previous facilitation/training experience, or experience working with diverse groups of seniors, caregivers and/or individuals with disabilities
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
The successful candidates must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following knowledge/skills/abilities:
- Microsoft Word/Excel; Data entry ability and email/Internet a must
- Oral communication including exceptional phone etiquette and the ability to present to groups is paramount
- Good written communication ability
- Detail orientation and ability to team is key
- Ability to work independently, manage workload and display initiative
- Takes personal responsibility and demonstrates accountability for actions
- Perform public presentations
- Networking and Marketing skills required
- Ability to teach virtual technical skills to the senior population
Rate of pay:
This position pays $34,000-$36,000 depending on education and experience. Mileage reimbursement is paid for local travel. Occasional evening facilitation may be required.
Benefit Package includes:
Agency provided employee health insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, EAP, Educational Assistance and 401k retirement plan.
To apply for the above position:
Send your resume and a cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, 4400 N. Congress Ave. WPB FL 33407 attention email@example.com or fax to 561-214-8678.
Please note that due to the volume of responses received, only those candidates selected for an initial phone interview will be contacted.
Also Note: Submittals without a cover letter specifying the position applied for, as well as candidates’ applicable qualifications, will not be considered. Please be aware a fax cover sheet does not constitute a cover letter.