Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach Beach/Treasure Coast Inc.
This full-time Non-Exempt position incorporates the following important functions:
- Responsible for the referral and intake process for the Agency’s Aging Resource Center. The purpose is to assess the needs of elder clients and match them with available services to maximize their health and well being
- Responsible for facilitating the eligibility of individuals waiting for services with the goal of providing expedited application for public assistance programs to frail elders
- Position is responsible for maintaining confidential records and databases.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following skills:
- Customer Service Orientation
- Good Listening Skills
- A sincere desire to work with seniors and the ability to demonstrate patience and empathy
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of needs assessment processes and interviewing/counseling techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partner organizations as well as staff
- Ability to team; provide outstanding client service and display effective time management and project management abilities
- Ability to work independently; possess initiative and a results orientation; take personal responsibility and demonstrate accountability for actions
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and devotion to ethical conduct in pursuit of Agency objectives, and ability to maintain confidentiality and professional composure as appropriate
- Knowledge of data bases and Microsoft office suite
Knowledge of eligibility guidelines and requirements of Medicaid related programs and knowledge of reporting procedures for correct and timely reimbursement
- Knowledge of local programs; community resources and services
- Knowledge of computer data bases
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish/Creole a plus
- Education/Experience requirement: Possess a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of work experience in information and referral/call center services, caseworker, case manager, intake specialist or similar human/customer services related OR
- Possess an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of one year of experience in information and referral/call center services, case worker, case manager, intake specialist or similar human services/customer related work OR
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and some customer service experience
- Will be required to successfully complete specialized training
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other specialized programs
- Knowledge of Internet Search Engines
Rate of Pay: The starting rate for this position is $15.50 per hour after successful completion of 6-month introductory period increase to $16.00 per hour.
Benefit Package includes:
Agency provided employee health insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, 401k retirement plan.
To apply for the above position:
Send your resume and cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, 4400 N. Congress Ave. WPB FL 33407 attention firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 561-214-8678.
Please note that due to the volume of responses received; only those candidates selected for an initial phone interview will be contacted.