The Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach/Treasure Coast, Inc. is a dynamic, private nonprofit organization dedicated to serving older adults, adults with disabilities, caregivers and veterans. The Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach/Treasure Coast, Inc. is the leader of the Aging Network in Planning and Service Area 9 which includes Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, Palm Beach and St. Lucie counties.
This full time (40 hour per week) position is based in West Palm Beach and has a starting salary of $35,000-$37,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
This position supports the Agency’s Consumer Care and Planning staff whose function is ensuring compliance with the Florida Department of Elder Affairs (DoEA) state and federally contracted programs to include: contract issuance, quality assurance, technical assistance, and response to DOEA requests.
Typical duties of the position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance to team members by working collaboratively to assist with desktop monitoring activities
- Completes checklists to review contractual compliance of vendor/provider agreements, congregate or home delivered meal temperature logs and menus, and file review forms. Summarizes findings and works with Program Compliance and Quality Assurance Monitors to obtain revisions where required
- Gathers materials and completes desk top administrative reviews of any number of contractually required documents including but not limited to: providers’ client satisfaction surveys, grievance and complaint logs, in-service training, assessment and care plan training, food service training; nutrition education and vendor monitoring
- Inputs regularly scheduled reports from providers into Excel and/or Word and reviews data for accuracy; performs other administrative tasks as assigned including preparing invoices and scanning documents
- Performs outreach including assisting with public forums and focus groups; may participate in outside committees
- Responsible for providing statistical analysis and support to the Agency planner to prepare, update and revise Strategic/Area plan as required
The successful candidate will:
- Possess the ability to work effectively either individually or in a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain professional communications and relationships with various organizations/agencies and be able to effectively interact with other staff members, provider representatives, seniors, other partner organizations and community leaders
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Possess extreme attention to detail; the ability to follow up to ensure appropriate corrective actions have been completed; outstanding project/time management abilities
- Possess the ability to compile data from various sources (e.g., Internet, Census, CIRTS, informational databases and other demographic data sources).
- Have the ability to relate and compare information and data from different sources, secure relevant information, identify issues, relationships and determine root causes
- Demonstrate the ability to make high quality decisions which are based on factual information supported by contractual documentation
- Be considerate and respectful of the diversity of others by exhibiting cultural competency
Education and Experience qualifications:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of related work experience in quality assurance review and/or compliance related work OR
- Possess an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of one year of related work in quality assurance review and/or compliance related work OR
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and some related work experience in quality assurance review and/or compliance related work.
- Knowledge of computer applications to perform the functions of the position, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Knowledge of Internet Search Engines
- Experience working with contracts, regulations and policies (internal or external) is preferred
Will be required to successfully complete specialized training
Benefits Package for position includes:
Agency paid employee health insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, EAP, 401k Retirement and Voluntary benefits.
To apply for the above position, send your resume and a cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, attention Human Resources. 4400 N. Congress Ave. WPB FL. 33407 or fax to 561-214-8678 or send email to Shelley Naughton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Submittals without a cover letter specifying the position applied for, as well as candidates’ applicable qualifications, will not be considered. Please Note: a fax cover sheet does not qualify as a cover letter.