This part-time non-exempt position incorporates the following important functions:
Under the direction of the supervisor, this is a part-time Call Center Specialist position (15 – 20 hours per week). The primary role of the Call Center Specialist is to provide information and referral to seniors, persons with a disability and caregivers for both incoming and outgoing calls. Specialists utilize a software program to track incoming and outgoing contacts.
- Identify and problem solve solutions to callers concerns using database and knowledge of other community resources.
- Recognize when a caller is experiencing a crisis or requires advocacy and provide appropriate assistance and referrals
- Provide solution focused answers to callers that empower them
- Respond to a high volume of incoming calls (call length can vary widely from 5 minutes to 45 minutes or more)
- Employs strong interpersonal skills in order to handle difficult calls courteously and professionally
- Documents calls in accordance with departmental policies
- Works with peers to solve problems and promotes teamwork
- Meets or exceeds department’s quality and productivity goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook and able to quickly learn new software.
- Excellent typing skills are required
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Call clients to inform them about services
- Collaborate with other call center professionals to improve customer service
- Work with consumers over the phone to elicit needed information in order to properly assess needs and make eligibility determination
- Identify and relay information on appropriate referrals to community resources
- Provide appropriate customer service and the ability to develop rapport with callers
- Evaluate the needs of the caller
- Escalate calls or issues to the appropriate designated staff for resolution, as needed
- Track and document all inquiries using the applicable systems
- Possess a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of one year of work experience call center services, caseworker, case manager, intake specialist or similar human/customer services related OR
- Possess an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university OR
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of computer applications to perform the functions of the position, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Will be required to successfully complete specialized training
Rate of Pay:
The salary for this position is $13.00 per hour
To apply for the above position:
Send your resume and cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, 4400 N. Congress Ave. WPB FL 33407. Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 561-214-8678.
Please note that due to the volume of responses received, only those candidates selected for an initial phone interview will be contacted.
Also Note: Submittals without a cover letter specifying the position applied for, as well as candidates’ applicable qualifications, will not be considered. Please be aware a fax cover sheet does not constitute a cover letter.