This full-time exempt position incorporates the following important functions:
This position is responsible to lead the Agency’s SHINE Program including but not limited to recruitment, training and placement of active SHINE volunteers in the community, building program awareness through community education and publicity, administration of the program, and successful completion of contract objectives and outcome measures to meet contract requirements. The position oversees volunteers and supervises the Outreach Coordinator and shared support staff. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following skills:
- Hires, trains, orients and supervises new program staff. Supervises, counsels, mentors and evaluates professional staff
- Recruits, trains and orients volunteers under his/her supervision, providing guidance and technical direction on all phases of program requirements to ensure optimal outcome measures
- Serves as the volunteer management lead. Develops and coaches volunteer team leaders to perform outreach and recruiting efforts; plans and executes volunteer recognition
- Works to develop contract and manages fiscal requirements of contract related to successful accomplishment of fiscal allocations
- Active listening
- Detail oriented
- Ability to lead a team and display effective time management abilities: possesses initiative and a results orientation; takes personal responsibility and demonstrates accountability for actions
- Demonstrated patience and empathy for clients
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and devotion to ethical conduct in pursuit of Agency objectives, and ability to maintain confidentiality and professional composure as appropriate
- Knowledge of data bases and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of local programs, community resources and services for older adults
- Knowledge of Medicare or Medicare Advantage Plans
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus (not preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a concentration in health & human services, social work, sociology, psychology, gerontology or other related field
- Prior experience with Medicare, Medicaid and/or commercial health benefits
- At least one year experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience coordinating volunteers, grant writing and experience with supporting a senior population preferred
Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Rate of Pay:
The salary for this position is $41,000 - $58,000
Benefit Package includes:
Agency provided employee health insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, 401k retirement plan.
To apply for the above position:
Send your resume and cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, 4400 N Congress Avenue, WPB, FL 33407 attention Shelley Naughton or email Shelley Naughton at snaughton@YourADRC.org or fax to 561-214-8678.
Please note that due to the volume of responses received, only those candidates selected for an initial phone interview will be contacted.
Also Note: Submittals without a cover letter specifying the position applied for, as well as candidate’s applicable qualifications, will not be considered. Please be aware a fax cover sheet does not constitute a cover letter.