This full-time non-exempt position incorporates the following important functions:
- Assists clients, volunteers and other staff members with a variety of assigned duties including but not limited to contacting clients, scheduling appointments, completing and reviewing applications, managing SHINE client satisfaction survey process and other client mailings
- Provides support to the Information and Referral unit of the Helpline as needed assisting callers by providing resources, information or scheduling assessments or appointments
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following skills:
- Customer Service Orientation
- Active Listening
- Data entry
- Detail oriented
- Ability to team and display effective time management abilities
- Demonstrated patience and empathy for clients
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and devotion to ethical conduct in pursuit of Agency objectives, and ability to maintain confidentiality and professional composure as appropriate
- Knowledge of data bases and Microsoft office suite
- Ability to work independently; possess initiative and a results orientation; take personal responsibility and demonstrate accountability for actions
- Knowledge of local programs; community resources and services for older adults
- Knowledge of Medicare or Medicare Advantage plans
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus (not preferred)
- Possess a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of work experience in information and referral/call center services, caseworker, case manager, intake specialist or similar human/customer services related OR
- Possess an associate’s (AA) degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of one year of experience in information and referral/call center services, case worker, case manager, intake specialist or similar human services/customer related work OR
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and some customer service experience
Rate of Pay: The starting salary for this position is $33,000 with an increase to $35,280 after a successful completion of 6-month introductory period.
Benefit Package includes:
Agency provided employee health insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, Long Term Disability Insurance; Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, 401k retirement plan.
To apply for the above position:
Send your resume and cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, 4400 N. Congress Ave. WPB FL 33407 attention Shelley Naughton or email Shelley Naughton snaughton@yourADRC.org or fax to 561-214-8678.
Please note that due to the volume of responses received, only those candidates selected for an initial phone interview will be contacted.
Also Note: Submittals without a cover letter specifying the position applied for, as well as candidates’ applicable qualifications, will not be considered. Please be aware a fax cover sheet does not constitute a cover letter.